Shantanu Dutta is an Associate Professor of Finance and Telfer Fellow of Global Financial Management at Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa. He is a recipient of Research Excellence Award at Telfer School of Management for his innovative research in the finance area. Previously, he taught at University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), St. Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia and Assumption University, Bangkok as a full-time faculty member. Before his career in academe, he served as a Finance Manager and Project Controller at Lafarge – a world leader in construction materials. Shantanu Dutta’s research focuses on mergers and acquisitions, media coverage and financial decisions, corporate governance, market efficiency, dividend policy and technology management. He has published in Journal of Corporate Finance, Financial Management, Journal of Banking and Finance, Review of Accounting Studies, Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Multinational Finance Journal, Quarterly Journal of Finance and Accounting, Global Finance Journal, Canadian Investment Review, Corporate Governance – An International Review (CGIR), International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance, International Journal of Managerial Finance, Journal of Applied Finance, International Journal of Technology Transfer and International Journal of Global Energy Issues. He has also participated and presented papers in many scholarly conferences. He is a recipient of SSHRC grant and Barclays Global Investors Canada Research Award (2006) for the best paper on the Canadian security market. Recently he has also received the ‘Highly Commended Award’ at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2009 and 2014(Emerald Publishing House) for his published articles in the International Journal of Managerial Finance.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Carleton University, Ottawa, USA.
- Master of Business Administration, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand.
- Master of Engineering management (MEM), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, India.
- Bachelor of Technology (Civil Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, India.
- Associate Professor and Telfer Fellow of Global Financial Management at Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa.
- Associate Professor (Tenured), since July 2013, at Faculty of Business & IT, University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
- Assistant Professor (Full-time, Tenure Track) in the Finance area at Gerald Schwartz School of Business and Information Systems, St. Francis Xavier University.
- Finance Manager at Lafarge SA - a France based 'Fortune 500' Multinational Organization. Lafarge SA is the World Leader in Construction Materials.